High Risk Pregnancy
In India, about 20-30% of pregnancies belong to the high-risk category, which is responsible for 75% of perinatal morbidity and mortality. Early detection and effective management of high-risk pregnancy can contribute substantially to the reduction of maternal and fetal adverse outcomes.
City Medi Fertility provides world-class care for women who are pregnant or considering becoming pregnant. Each pregnancy is unique.
Following warning signs require an immediate visit to your doctor:
- Fever >101.3°F/for more than 24 hours
- Headache, blurring of vision
- Palpitations, easy fatigability, and breathlessness at rest
- Generalized swelling of the body and puffiness of the face
- Vaginal bleeding / watery discharge
- Pain in the abdomen
- Reduced fetal movements
Some common causes of high-risk pregnancy are:
- Maternal age: Early childbearing is a risk for both mother and newborn.
- Advanced maternal age: childbearing in a woman over 35 years of age.
- Medical conditions that exist before pregnancy
- The medical condition that occurs during pregnancy.
- Alcohol, tobacco, and substance use.
- Multiple births.
- Zika infection: