Preventive Health Checks
It has been discovered that folks of operating age-group (35-65 years) are being more and more afflicted by lifestyle diseases. it’s suggested by international accord and understanding that men, higher than thirty-five years older, and women, higher than forty years older, ought to bear annual Preventive Health Checks. just in case of a big history of a selected sickness within the family, it’s prudent to initiate screening tests ten years before, once the youngest member of the family developed that individual sickness (e.g. diabetes, high cholesterol level, coronary cardiovascular disease, high-pressure level, cancer of breasts, prostate, colon, etc).
No matter what age group you are a part of, regular preventive health tests are essential for each one of us. The tests may differ from gender to gender.
Are you young? does not mean you are healthy:
The younger generation is usually ignoring their health and is becoming prone to illnesses. You may be physically strong but that does not promise to be fit.
Tests for Young:
- Blood Pressure.
- Blood Glucose.
- Blood Urea Nitrogen(BUN).
- Blood Creatinine.
- Blood Electrolytes.
- Cholesterol Measurement.
- Cancer Screening Tests.
- 2 D Echocardiography
- Stress Test (TMT)
Age is the Biggest Risk Factor:
A checkup done during the 30s might not show the same result in the 50s or 60s. Therefore as the age advances, preventive checkups should be done more frequently.
Preventive Tests for Elderly:
- Blood pressure
- Stepping on the scales
- Other colon cancer screening tests
- A pelvic exam and pap smear For women
- Breast exam and mammogram – For women
- Protecting your eyes
- Thyroid hormone test
- Protect your bones
- Cholesterol screening
- Blood Sugar.
- 2 D Echocardiography
- Stress Test
Women need to take extra careful:
They being responsible for so many things inside and outside their homes and tend to neglect their health along with. Preventive health checkups aids in detecting various diseases at an early stage. It is important especially for men and women of the elderly group who have a high risk of developing several diseases. Preventive health checkups facilitate in avoiding or swiftness down the sickness progression therefore on give you a higher life.
Preventive Tests for Women:
- Breast exam to screen for breast cancer
- Thyroid test.
- HIV & STD Tests.
- Cholesterol check.
- Eye exams.
- Pap smear for cervical cancer.
- Colonoscopy – To screen for colon cancer.
- Pelvic exam for internal genital abnormalities.
- HPV test.
- Mammogram – At 50, start scheduling annual mammograms.
- Complete physical exam – This annual health checkup should include the height and blood pressure, weight check, and blood tests that your doctor deems necessary like tests for blood sugar, hormone levels, blood count, and other crucial infection markers.